Aug. 3, 2022 - RHI Magnesita, the leading global supplier of high-grade refractory products, systems and solutions, announces its unaudited results for the six months ended 30 June 2022 ("H1 2022" or the "Period").
1 H1 2021 adjusted for constant currency for H1 2022 average FX rates
2 Adjustments of €11 million to reported EBITA include €4m of write downs relating to the Russia/Ukraine conflict, and €2m relating to power purchase agreement commitments
● Price increases of €293 million since H1 2021 successfully executed, driving strong top line growth and offsetting cost inflation from energy, raw materials and labour
● Significant market share gains in steel following investment in production network and inventory support earnings, as customers continue to prioritise security of supply
● Recycling rate increased to 9.3% (H1 2021: 6.1%) leading to raw material supply and CO2 emissions benefits following new joint venture with Horn & Co
● Reported revenue increased 33% to €1,594 million (H1 2021: €1,200 million) and by 25% in constant currency terms (H1 2021: €1,273 million)
● Adjusted EBITA increased by 47% to €188 million (H1 2021: €128 million), or 38% in constant currency
● Net debt of €1,238 million (31 December 2021: €1,014 million) in line with management expectations and guidance, as reduction in inventory volumes is offset by the increase in value of inventories and accounts receivable due to cost inflation and price increases
● Interim dividend of €0.50 per share declared
● Expectations for full year earnings in 2022 unchanged, based on strong demand in the year to date and order book for the second half
● Global growth outlook impacted by inflation and monetary policy response, labour and energy market tightness and ongoing supply chain disruption
● Margins to be maintained through further price increases and with support from strategic cost saving initiatives
● Gearing expected to reduce in the second half, targeting Net Debt : EBITDA towards 2.0x by year end depending on earnings performance
Commenting on the results, Chief Executive Officer, Stefan Borgas, said:
"In the first half of 2022 we further demonstrated the benefits of prioritising customer deliveries in an environment of continued supply chain volatility. Our investment in inventories to ensure our customers remain supplied with essential refractories has underlined the importance of supply reliability and has enabled us to simultaneously increase prices and gain market share. Following major investments in our production network, SG&A reduction and progress on our sales strategies, the Group is in a strong position to maintain its leadership position in the refractory industry and to navigate future challenges."
Sponsored by: ACRI (The Association of China Refractories Industry), Tangshan YinNaiLian E-Business Co., Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2020 Refractories Window All Rights Reserved
Tel: +86-315-5918500 Fax: +86-315-5918828 Email: email@example.com